Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Switched by Amanda Hocking

This is my first blog entry and I don't think I could have chosen a better book to write on. 
Switched by Amanda Hockings is the first book to the Trylle trilogy. It follows the story of a 17 year old girl, Wendy, who discovers that she is a 'changeling'.


At the age of six her mother tried to kill her, calling her a monster who didn't belong in the family. It wasn't until a new guy started attending her school that she realised that what her  'mother' had said might actually have a bit of truth in it. Wendy is actually the princess of Trolls and when she was a baby she was switched with a human baby. This was normal custom done in the Troll society as a way to get money from the funds the 'fake' parents would create for their children. Wendy finds her self in a completely new world, away from everything and everyone she'd ever known and she didn't know if she wanted this. (This is as far as I will go so not to spoil the story).
This is a fantasy book I'd really recommend! I was introduced to it when I bought a magazine and the book came as a freebie. It is a very captivating book where I felt the emotions of Wendy as if they were my own. I did not want the book to end and I can't wait to read the next book. For some strange reason this book felt so sad to me at the start, even though there was nothing really dramatic. I think it just got me thinking what if it was me who had such a problematic family who blame you for everything. And when she left her brother to go to the Troll society it was even more saddenning because I had never thought how it would be to have to leave suddenly the people who you love and everything your used to for your safety and the safety of everyone around you. (sorry can't say too much about this as it would spoil the book for anyone who might be interested.) This is just a fantasy book so I guess it is just me and my silly imagination the get carried away. However either way the book was addictive and it makes a wonderful read to anyone who enjoys reading fanstasy youth fiction.
I can not wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment