Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick


"Love finds its way into the coldest hearts, darkest minds and loneliest of souls"

The Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick. The series is composed of, Hush Hush, Crescendo and Silence (or Tempest as it was previously known.) Nora's life changes dramatically from the moment she laid eyes on Patch. Patch has a dark secret and it doesn't help that Nora is very much attracted to him. She wants to know more but the truth may end up pulling her into the centre of even more trouble. Her normal everyday life turns into a bumpy ride full of angels, nephilims and love.

The hush hush saga was an enthralling fantasy series.
I don't know what it is about youth fantasy novels that just suck me into the story and I don't even have time to analyse the plot and its writing style before I become totally addicted. The last one of this series only took me a day and a bit to finish.

One thing that any reader must know before reading is that the start of all the books in the saga are confusing. When I started reading (each of the books) I did not get what was going on. Stories are supposed to have a clear introduction explaining who, where and when. However Fitzpatrick did not this. This was probably done so that the reader would have surprises and a big mystery in front of them however a little more explanation would have been useful. So if you are reading and find it hard to understand don't worry keep pushing through and in a little bit everything will make sense.


Another comment I was going to make was about the ending. It does sort of conclude the story that had been going on the last books but it opens up another door to a whole other story. It was as if saying, now everything is alright but it won't be for long and soon we will have to face some type of war. Is it only me but I want to know that this story actually has a good ending for Nora, I want to know what decision she makes and I want to know what happens to the army. I was going on about how angry I was that it just ended without a proper ending but then I read that Becca Fitzpatrick will be actually making a fourth book to the series because of the demand of the readers!! 

Over all the hush hush series was amazing (just read that amazing was a 'banished' word of 2011 for being too commonly used and used inappropriately, but I'm using it anyway :P) and I would recommend it to anyone who likes novels such as the immortal series or twilight.







2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your review! I'm so in love with Patch and I can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your feedback it's always nice to know people are reading :D

    ReplyDelete